Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 2 : Off to the site

April 9th

Woke up early, didn’t really sleep much. Walked across the street to wait for Allison and Katherine. Wore my running shoes again this year or what’s left of them. It was the same pair that I wore last year that got stained with mud. Satisha and Jessica met us over there at the site. Jeremy from Habitat was still here, great!! The chain smoking other dude from Habitat had moved on, that guy could work you. The folks from SC and Louisville Kentucky church and a couple from Virginia were also on site, what are the odds that the same folks we worked with the previous year from SC & Louisville Kentucky would be there at the same time . We got to take a couple of pictures and I flexed some of my guns for the camera. The spray –on 6 Pack hasn’t arrived yet in the mail (movie 300 flash back).

Ok, work starts I got assigned, or rather I assigned myself to shoveling, leveling and carrying the wheelbarrow with dirt. This was more fun than doing painting and getting all that paint on my T shirt (you know some of us here have to make a fashion statement). Worked on 2 buildings pouring dirt and leveling off the backward surface. We went through the dirt so fast it finished before lunch. After lunch, as there wasn’t any more dirt to do leveling, I helped out doing stuff, but I will not paint. All that work felt rewarding.

Done with work, back at the French quarters. Took a nap then we all went out for dinner, Jessica, Allison, Katherine, Satisha and her friend Summer. Felt like a stud with all the chicks. We walked around the French quarters, we also checked out Café du mode to get some Beignets (it’s not pronounced as spelt). Took more pictures.

Femi

No comments: