Friday, July 2, 2010

Last Day at the Site

April 10

Seems this is the last day for most of us. Katherine already left the day before. Satisha is leaving in the afternoon and I’m leaving in the evening. Allison and Jessica aren’t leaving yet. Didn’t get to do a whole lot today. Worked with Jeremy on finding the water source for both building we were working on. The group gather together to take pictures. Today was also the last day for the South Carolina and Kentucky folks.

We went out for lunch and got some grits. Had a huge lunch and it made me want to sleep. Went back to the hotel to pack my stuff. The hotel billed me for things I didn’t even use they called them incidentals!. Its Code word for now we’re so going to bend you over. Shuttle came on time and thankfully it went through the French quarters one more time before going to the airport. It was a nice 3 days of volunteering. If you get the opportunity you should give it a shot

Femi

No comments: